A Practical English Grammar
A.J. Thomson and A.V. Martinet
A Practical English Grammar is an intermediate-level reference grammar for students of English as a foreign language. The new, third, edition preserves the features that have already made the book so successful but the text has been thoroughly overhauled and now offers more guidance and further information.
The main changes are as follows:
- Many sections of the book contain new material, in particular the chapters on pre-positions, pronouns, infinitives, gerunds, future and conditional forms and reported speech.
- Many explanations have been revised or rewritten.
- Examples have been brought up to date to reflect current usage.
- Sections on especially difficult points have been clearly marked.
- A fuller index has been provided.
- The book has been designed afresh in a larget format and typeface.